Friday, April 9, 2010

MAC Liberty of London Prim and Proper Blush and New Undercurrent Pearl Glide Intense Eye Liner



Yesterday I went by my Mac Pro Store and decided to pick up a few things. My intention there was simply to buy another bottle of their Brush Cleanser and the new Veluxe Shimmer Eyeshadow in "Hey," from the Prep for Colour collection, but as some of you may know, you wind up buying more than you originally thought.

Anyhoo, the makeup artist there (Jerome - loved ya!) must have read me to a "T" as he approached me and started telling me all the things that would look wonderful on me and complimenting my already applied makup, suggesting I should go into being an makeup artist, and of course, I ate it up, LOL. After picking up the items I had come in there for, I decided to look at some of the cream blushes, as I have never used any of MAC's before, but he decided to apply Liberty of London's "Prim & Proper" onto my cheeks with the MAC 116 brush (which I thought I purchased but instead he slipped in the 129 which I already own and back to the the Pro store I go today to a swap!). He showed me how it highlighted my cheeks and complimented my skin tone, so I was talked into buying it and I actually like it. It is classified aas a nuetral nude but I find it has some pinkish undertones, so a little goes a long way and I only applied it to the apples of my cheeks. This blush retails for $18.50 and I think the packaging is pretty cute too. These are limited edition and I'm not sure how long they will be available, but if you like the swatches, go grab it before it's gone!








The next purchase was the new MAC eyeliner in Undercurrent. The liner is from the Art Supplies Collection and at first glance I wasn't really interested in the Collection and have been contemplating skipping it altogether, but went I swatched the Undercurrent on my hand, it went on so smoothly and was such a vibrant, green that I knew it would really bring my brown eyes and make them "pop." The eyeliners are $14.50 and it is already sold out on their website, so if you can find it at a MAC Pro Store or a MAC counter, pick it up for that little extra something. Currently I am just applying it to the waterline and bottom lashline only with a more neutral eye color on top in order to allow the intense green to be the center attraction.








No comments:

Post a Comment